Monday, March 14, 2016

Monday Macros 3/14/16

Back when I was in the weight loss phase of my journey, I started monitoring, and publishing in a public journal, my food intake on a weekly basis.  I chose Monday as my data day to help keep me on track over the weekends, and I published my data on a public forum to help keep myself accountable.

Now that I'm at my healthy weight, I continue with my Monday Macros tradition to keep an eye on what I'm eating and help to ensure I don't start having any leaks in my plan.

My primary focus is on my carb/fat/protein macros.  When you are following the Primal Blueprint or a Paleo lifestyle, calories are not quite as important as when eating grains, sugars, and more processed foods.

Here are my first Monday Macros on the new blog.

Monday Macros

Weight = 141. Weight gain/loss this period = 0 lb. Total weight loss = 110lbs. Macros for the week = Carb/Fat/Prot - 23/56/21%. Daily avg cals = 2429. Body Fat = 9.8%.

My weight is too low, I know.  I lost over 10 pounds during my last infection.  I dropped a couple of more pounds early in the week, and have gained back to 141.  My goal is to get back over 150 lbs in the next couple of months.  I want to put back on the weight, but not just for the sake of putting on weight.  I would much rather it be in my muscles than my belly :)

The total weight loss of 110 lbs is from March of 2014 when I started following the Primal Blueprint.  I have been heavier, but I'm only tracking weight after starting the PB.  

My carbs are a little higher than what I shoot for percentage wise, but they still average under 150 gr/day so I'm good to go there.  Protein averaged 129 gr/day, which is good for my current activity levels, and the fats are spot on to get my calories up to my 2500 cal/day average goal.  
This is a graph of my weight over the past year:



I am very happy with that chart.  It shows just how well the Primal Blueprint is working for me.

If you have any questions of how I chose my macros, calorie goals, or pretty much anything else concerning my Monday Macros, please ask.  I will be very happy to share my thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment