Sunday, November 6, 2016

Superpower Sunday - #HAWMC Day 6

The prompt for today... Superpower Sunday!


You know... every political season I wish I had the power to, with a thought, make people tell the truth. Can you imagine a political debate where all the parties involved couldn't lie or sidestep a question?

I don't think that was the intent of today's WEGO Health #HAWMC topic, so I'll get back on topic here...

Well, after thinking on it for awhile, I think I'll stick with the ability to compel Truth as my Superpower.

How awesome would it be if not only the bureaucrats and politicians, but everyone involved in health care told the truth when they addressed us? Talk about transparency.  Trial results couldn't be hidden behind personal or corporate agendas, and government funded programs might actually become focused upon the individual and not in protecting the bureaucracy.  Your medical team would actually have to admit when they really don't know what the heck is going on and refer you to someone who does.

I understand that Truth in health care will involve some very difficult conversations. But can you imaging the progress that would be made in all areas of health care and health care delivery if the curtains came down, the Wizard was exposed, and we could start trusting Medicine?

More WEGO Health Writers Challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment