Thursday, November 3, 2016

Quotation Inspiration - #HAWMC Day 3

Day 3 of the Wego Health - Health Activist Writers Month Challenge.  The prompt for today is...



The quote that has inspired, motivated, and kept me moving following my lung transplant is from the Kettlebell instruction book, Simple and Sinister, by Pavel Tsatsouline.

It is just three simple words, words that I've repeated to myself thousands of times.  Words that I have just under my computer monitor so I can see them all the time.  These words?


I was reading Pavel, and visualizing a stronger me, before I was even cleared to pick up the lightest of kettlebells. Early on after the procedure, when my goal was just to walk a few more steps every day, there were times I just didn't feel up to it.  "Repeat Until Strong",.. check the fitbit and get those steps in.  Soon I could make it to the mail box, then the street corner, then the Corner Store a mile away. Now I can walk just as far as I want to. To get here, I had to "Repeat Until Strong" every day. 

This motto works in other areas of my life as well.  There are parts of life with new lungs that are a grind, but I am (as I like to tell my Sweetie), stronger every day as I repeat the healthy habits that make a difference. Speaking of my Sweetie, our bond is stronger every day. That is the very cool thing about the word "Strong". It evolves as we progress, and is different at each stage of our lives.  Right now I'm still on the upswing side of the post-lung transplant curve. There will come a day when the meds, my immune system, and new lungs push me to the declining portion of the curve. The stronger I am now, the shallower that slope may be. I may have to change my motto to "Repeat to Stay Strong" then, but I will still be keeping at it. I owe my donor family my best.


No comments:

Post a Comment