Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Some Gift Ideas That Just Might Work for You

I have some awesome affiliate partners here on The Primal Transplant. I try not to bother you with too much advertising.  I haven't authorized any pop ups or other distracting ads.  When I visit a website I appreciate not having to deal with that and prefer clicking on a mention in a post of an interesting sidebar banner.  I thought It would be fun to write a gift ideas post, so here it is.



You have to know that any gift guide that I might recommend would include kettlebells. I use, and highly recommend, Rogue Fitness Kettlebells.  My Rogue Fitness kettlebells have always arrived promptly and are of consistently professional quality.  I avoid chalk as I try to minimize the amount dust I breathe into my new lungs, so I really appreciate the texture of the Rogue Fitness handles. I also appreciate the fact that there are not machining marks or casting seams that require filing off on these 'bells.

If you have someone on your shopping list who is interested in kettlebells, and fitness, then StrongFirst has a couple of great gift ideas for you.


If you've been following my fitness plan, then you already know just how much this book has meant to me.  Striving to reach the Simple standard of Simple & Sinister has led to the strength, both physical and mental, that I enjoy today.  Pavel does a great job of explaining each step of the movements included in this program.

Another kettlebell resource that I have relied upon heavily is another StrongFirst resource:


This Foundation of Strength video includes instruction on how to properly lift with kettlebells, dumbbells, barbells and sandbags.  A very informative, all around, strength training video.

If you are shopping for someone who has recently had a transplant, is trying to maintain their strength while waiting on a transplant, or is just looking for a way to begin their fitness journey, These Black Mountain Products Resistance Bands may be just what the Physical Therapist ordered.  


These are the bands I used as my Team authorized resistance training.  The yellow band provides 2 to 4 pounds of resistance, perfect for just getting started and you have a 5 lb restriction.  This set goes all the way up to the red (25 to 30 lb resistance) band.  Useful for a long time during any rehabilitation program. 

Know someone who is interested in living a healthier lifestyle?


Books explaining the Primal Blueprint might be in order.  Following the Primal Blueprint is what helped me lose the weight necessary to be considered for the transplant. Continuing the program is how I have kept that weight off and have the chance to be the fittest I've ever been.  I started with the 21 Day Total Body Transformation, and haven't looked back.  

Not sure what to get someone on your list? How about a membership to Thrive Market?



Thrive Market is a great resource for Primal/Paleo/Organic and other food styles. Here in N. Texas a lot of the responsibly produced foods and products come with a hefty price tag.  Thrive Market really helps us with our food and staples budget.  We really have saved a lot of money using this service. On a side note about Thrive Market, they have the best packaging of any distribution system that I have encountered.  That's saying a lot as I've worked in the industry and thought we were doing a good job.  I don't know how they can prepare orders for shipping as they do and maintain costs.  I am impressed.

Speaking of memberships, no gift list would be complete without mentioning Amazon Prime.


Seriously, the free shipping, photo storage, movies & video, music...  I've been a Prime member for years and use Amazon services pretty much daily.  Makes life easy.

There you have it, some ideas on gifts that might be perfect for someone on your list.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the rundown John! perennialpam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pam, thanks for stopping by :) Hope you enjoy the rest of the site.

      Delete