Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Monday Macros - The Hospital Edition 2/20/17

Monday Macros.

Weight = 152. Weight gain this period = 1 lb. Total weight loss = 99 lbs. Macros for the week = Carb/Fat/Prot - 14/59/27%. Daily avg cals = 2.234. Body Fat = 12.1%

Monday began with taking my vitals, eating a quick breakfast and heading into the Clinic.

I have continued to experience the decline in my lung capacity that I reported back in December. The steroid pulse that we did really didn't do much to stop the progress of the decline.  I should have been back in Clinic in early January, but found I had an insurance 'issue'.

It's a long story but I've been fighting for insurance for the past month and a half.. It took a visit to my Congressman's office, intervention by my State Senator and lots of help from the TX Dept of Ins to get things straightened out.  As of Mon, I have insurance retroactive back to Feb. 1st.

At Monday's Clinic visit we decided that I needed to be admitted so here I am at UT Southwestern University Hospital.  The 10th floor is my home away from home.

So far I've had three ultrasounds, one HRCT, labs and more labs, a bronchoscopy with biopsy and more labs, and X-ray.  I'll likely be having a ventilation perfusion/VQ test done soon and might even throw a bone density in as it is due.

I've started another high dose steroid pulse and will probably try something with more umph when that is completed.

So far everything looks good, just waiting for pathology from the biopsy, but it doesn't look like I've damaged the lungs, that means I have a good chance of regaining lung function.  That would be awesome.

I'll write more in a new post when we have more results and an action plan to talk about.

More Monday Macros


No comments:

Post a Comment