Monday, April 3, 2017

Monday Macros - 4/3/17

Monday Macros.

Weight = 149. Weight gain this period = 1 lb. Total weight loss = 102 lbs. Macros for the week = Carb/Fat/Prot - 13/59/28%. Daily avg cals = 1.995. Body Fat = ?%

I forgot to take my body fat again this morning. It's not so important now that I'm in a holding pattern instead of trying to put on muscle mass.

While my Sweetie and I were out and about yesterday, I tried on sports coats. I found that a 42R fits nicely, if just a tad short in the arms.  A 42L hangs too low on my hips for my comfort, so 42R it is.  When we got home I checked the suit coat I purchased when I was my heaviest.  It was a size 50R. That was exactly 140 lbs ago.

You can see why I advocate for The Primal Blueprint so often. 

There is no Silver Bullet for improving the overall health of the general population. I understand that there are quite a few things we should be doing right now to improve general health in the future. One of the major things we can do, right now, to turn around some of the chronic health trends is to significantly reduce our sugar consumption. 

I grabbed this infographic from a 2012 Forbes article. I hope it shows up properly.


Well, that turned out a bit small. Here are a couple of plates from the graphic.  Please click on the link above to read the article.



Sugar contains zero nutritional value. None what so ever. I shudder to think of the chart if we added processed grains consumption to it. No wonder our national chronic health issues keep increasing.

Sugar is not our friend.

I enjoy watching Food Network and the Cooking Channel.  But the past couple of days were extra silly when it comes to sugar.

I saw Martha Stewart on the Today Show this morning with her "healthier' deserts. She added beets to a chocolate cake. Didn't take any sugar out, just added beets. Now it's all good for you.  Sheesh.

On the Kitchen (Food Network) yesterday one of the Chefs recommended that if you have something sweet in the morning it will curb your desire for sweets for the rest of the day. My jaw dropped. 

I'll get off my sugar coated soap box now :)  I really do believe that if we could significantly reduce our sugar and at least processed grain consumption we would make major improvement in the future of health.

No comments:

Post a Comment