Thursday, July 12, 2018

Stability, A Goal Worth Achieving

My last visit with the Team turned out very well.  For the first time in a good while my Pulmonary Function Testing showed a little improvement.  It looks like the Thymoglobulin treatment has put my chronic rejection on hold.  UTSW has applied to be a part of the Extracorporeal Photopheresis study that I mentioned here and here and the Team thinks it would be a good thing if I were to participate. If they get approved, we may start next month.

Blood pressure has gone up so I've started a BP med (yeah more meds), but cholesterol, A1C and blood sugar are all good to go.  The meds are messing with my liver and kidney function, so I have to be sure to get in plenty of water.

The Thymoglobulin and the addition of an anti-fungal to my daily routine has messed with my immune system so we have to keep an eye on my immunosuppressants.  I'm currently taking Valcyte only once/day as white blood cell count (and a few other labs) is a bit lower than what they would like.  2.6 thousand/uL.  Good thing we are not in the cold/flu season.

Image (and mug) found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment