Weight = 149. Weight gain/loss this period = 0 lb. Total weight loss = 102 lbs. Macros for the week = Carb/Fat/Prot - 15/59/26%. Daily avg cals = 2,235. Body Fat = 10.4%
A little carb heavy this week, but not much. Still well within my goals
Here's an easy chicken recipe;
- One split chicken half. You can purchase split chickens at most supermarkets. It is an inexpensive way to buy chicken and does save a bit of a mess from doing it yourself (I always pick the side with the butt)
- Your fav chicken seasoning
- Healthy fat.
- A medium sweet potato if you want a carb side
- Place sweet potato and cast iron pan large enough to hold the chicken in the oven
- Turn the oven on at 425F
- Pat chicken dry and lightly oil with your healthy fat.
- Season chicken with salt/pepper and your chicken seasonings of choice.
- When the oven is heated up, put your chicken (skin side up) in the hot cast iron pan.
- Cook for 48 mins.
- Remove from oven and allow to rest for a few minutes.
- Chicken and sweet potato should be done at the same time
Now, the drippings in the pan are perfect to make a sauce. Deglaze with a bit of chicken stock, brandy, wine (whatever). Reduce to a glaze or reduce and add a bit of cream and then reduce again to get the consistency you want.
Have some veg on the side and a you have a perfect, easy peasy, weeknight dinner for 2.
More Monday Macros