Monday, August 1, 2016

Monday Macros - 7/25/16 and 8/1/16

I missed last week's macros post, really sorry about that. On a positive note, tonight you get two weeks worth.

Monday Macros - 7/25

Weight = 151. Weight loss this period = 1 lb. Total weight loss = 100 lbs. Macros for the week = Carb/Fat/Prot - 23/53/23%. Daily avg cals = 2231. Body Fat = 10.6%.

Monday Macros - 8/1

Weight = 152. Weight gain this period = 1 lb. Total weight loss = 99 lbs. Macros for the week = Carb/Fat/Prot - 19/55/26%. Daily avg cals = 2250. Body Fat = 9.6%.

I'm very happy with the macros and the results of these past couple of weeks.  We are mostly done with the home project so getting back to normal around the house helps.

Yesterday I thought I'd make waffles out of a left over sweet potato I had laying around, and it turned out much better than expected. They had the texture of a really nice french toast. 

This is what I did:

1/2 baked sweet potato (about 1 1/2 cup by weight - pretty soft)
1 large egg
1/2 tsp or so of "Berber Spice Rub", a spice mixture from a shop in Eureka Springs AR called 'The Spice Boat'. It goes really well with sweet potatoes. Your favorite sweet potato seasoning will work here.
1 tbsp of coconut oil

Whip the egg until frothy. Smash in the sweet potato then add spices/seasoning, oil, and whip with a fork. Plop half into a waffle iron and ta da, two waffles. 

All I used to top them with was butter.

I really should of took pictures it was so good. A little carby from the sweet potato, but really good. 41 gr carbs, 37 of fat and 9 protein with 10 gr of sugars. I think an unflavored protein powder could work very well here to balance out the macros a bit.

More Monday Macros


No comments:

Post a Comment