Monday, August 8, 2016

Monday Macros - 8/8/16

Monday Macros

Weight = 151. Weight loss this period = 1 lb. Total weight loss = 100 lbs. Macros for the week = Carb/Fat/Prot - 16/62/22%. Daily avg cals = 2253. Body Fat = ?.

The first thing I do when I hit the kitchen in the morning is take my 1st set of meds with a full glass of water. I'm trying to be neat and tidy so the body fat analyser isn't just sitting on the counter to remind me to take that measurement prior to drinking the water. I'll have to work on remembering to either set it out the night before, or just get it done come Monday morning.

Tonight's dinner included simple grilled chicken thighs. I really like simple.

Toss chicken thighs into a 1 gallon zip lock bag. I like using zip lock bags as they really help to minimize the potential of spreading food borne pathogens.

Coat the thighs with your healthy oil of choice.  Tonight I used avocado oil.

Season with salt, pepper and others to fit your taste.  Tonight was just salt/pepper/garlic.  I should have picked some thyme to add to the bag, but next time.

Let sit for awhile to allow the flavors to meld.

Warm up your grill.

Turn grill down to med-low and place the thighs skin side down in a spot where they will not create flame ups as the fat from the skin renders.

After 6 minutes, turn 90 deg.  Another 6 minutes then flip. 6 more turn then 6 more flip. 

Rotate thighs as necessary to ensure even cooking.

After 6 minutes rotate and after 6 more minutes they should be done. Juices running clear no pink left close to the bone.

Allow to rest as you put the rest of dinner together and you have well done, crispy and juicy chicken thighs.

Remember to save those bones for your broth :)

More Monday Macros

No comments:

Post a Comment