Tuesday, August 30, 2016

The Gift

I watched the trailer to this new documentary on transplants this morning and... wheew, it was surprisingly emotional for me.  I don't think I could make it through the movie.


THE GIFT - Official Trailer from ID Productions on Vimeo.
"The Gift is an uncompromising cinematic journey alongside the living and the dying, filmed with remarkable access to one of the world’s busiest organ-transplant hospitals. In cinéma-vérité style, we witness the most profound experiences in any human life: moments of unbearable suspense leading to sudden and senseless loss, or the unexpected joy of a second chance..."
This looks like an important documentary and I hope it is well received and very widely distributed.  But having been on the edge, waiting for the gift of life saving lungs, it hits a little too close to home for me at the moment.

Maybe by the time it comes out...

1 comment:

  1. This National Film Board (Canada) film debuted at the Atlantic Film Festival in Halifax, NS on September 20th, 2016. Not sure what the distribution is. I checked the NFB's site and it's still only the trailer available for viewing. I assume the one of the world’s busiest organ-transplant hospitals is Toronto General Hospital but can't confirm that.

    ReplyDelete