Monday, September 5, 2016

Monday Macros - 9/5/16

Monday Macros

Weight = 149. Weight gain/loss this period = 0 lb. Total weight loss = 102 lbs. Macros for the week = Carb/Fat/Prot - 16/61/22%. Daily avg cals = 2195. Body Fat = 8.8%

Carbs are still under 100 gr/day. Still not low enough for Ketosis, but low enough to burn fat for fuel. I'm feeling pretty comfortable at this level, could use a little more protein though. Dialing this stuff in really is fun for me, I hope you guys find it at least a little bit interesting.

I smoked 3 racks of St. Louis style port ribs in my pit this past Friday.  How did I smoke ribs? Well... there was a good breeze and I stood upwind when tending the pit, I also wore an N95 mask rated for fumes and particulate. Don't worry Mom, I'm taking care of my new lungs :) (My Mom worries when I do stuff like this).

I like my ribs Texas style, in other words dry.  But most everyone else that ate them likes a bit of sauce, so I made a lower sugar (Less than 3 gr/2 TPSP sugar) BBQ sauce.  It turned out pretty nice.

1 Bottle Red Duck Curry Ketchup
1 Cup of homemade chicken bone broth
3/4 Cup of Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar
2 tsp fresh ground cumin
2 tsp fresh ground fennel
1/4 Cup minced cilantro
1 TBSP molasses
2 TBSP Worcestershire sauce.
2 cloves garlic - smashed and minced
1 shallot - chopped
1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp Cholula sauce (more to taste)
1 to 2 tsp healthy fat.
A TBSP or so of whatever rub you are using on your meat.

The first three ingredients are the base, the rest are personal preference.  Add to or subtract from this list as it sounds good to you.

Quick saute shallot and garlic in the fat for a minute or so, add the rest of the ingredients and simmer for at least 40 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment