Wednesday, October 9, 2019

Checking In

I sure am slacking on writing posts.  No particular reason other than not sure what to write about that's new information that might be of interest.

I am kind of excited that it's coming up on a full year since I've been in the hospital. Excited and a little superstitious about mentioning it.  About this time last year the upper lobe of my right lung collapsed several times and we never did figure out why. There is permanent damage to that part of my lung, but it has not progressed.

I went to my once every 3 month check in with the Team on Monday, and everything is stable. X-ray results indicate "Postsurgical changes of bilateral lung transplant. No cardiomegaly. No effusion, pneumothorax or focal consolidation. Stable right apical pleural-parenchymal thickening. No acute osseous findings." and all of my labs look good. The medications have been rough on my kidneys and my Creatinine levels run high and I remain well within my normal band, 1.58 mg/dl this time.


We were fortunate enough to be gifted tickets to one of the last Ranger's games at the Ballpark in Arlington. Wearing SPF 100 and brought my own shade. We were also able to carry in several liters of cold water and had a great time. That's my best friend next to us. When so many became distant when I was really sick, Saul stood with me. I really appreciate that guy.

If there is anything you would like me to write about, or have any questions, write them down in the comments. I'd be more than happy to answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment