Sunday, May 1, 2016

My Theme Song

I first heard Dashboard Confessional's "Reason to Believe" (off of the Dusk and Summer album)  listening to a Pandora channel while carrying an oxygen cylinder around the neighborhood.  It became my theme song while working to get on the transplant list, and is just as motivational to me today.




The full lyrics can be found here, but I especially like these:
...I have reason to believe that I have victories to taste
I can feel them on my teeth, upon my lips and in my chest
I can roll them on my tongue, they are more supple than defeat
I feel the tension in my lungs and every move is fueled by my resolve to

Breathe, don't you want to breathe?
I know that you are strong enough to handle what I need
My capillaries scream, there's nothing left to feed on
My body needs a reason to cross that line
Will you carry me there one more time?
We all could use a theme song, something to motivate and encourage us, something to fire us up and get our heads in a good place.

What's your theme song?

With the easy access to music we have these days, we can each have our own personal soundtracks.  I use Pandora and Amazon Prime Music a lot and don't miss the days of 8 Tracks and cassettes one bit.

Kids these days just don't know the struggle of making your own mix tape off of the radio :)

Join Amazon Prime Music - The Only Music Streaming Service with Free 2-day Shipping - 30-day Free Trial

No comments:

Post a Comment