Friday, July 1, 2016

Today's Workout 7/1/16

Thought I'd post an update on my Kettlebell Simple and Sinister workout.

The warm up routine included two sets of five Goblet Squats with the 24 kg kettlebell and one set of Prying Goblet Squats with the 16 kg 'bell.  I'm not quite ready to go all the way down into the relaxed bottom position of the Prying GS with 24 kg's, but I am close.

I did one set of KB Halos with the 24 kg 'bell for the first time today.  That was rough and I felt it when I did my Get Ups later.  I think I'll progress in a smaller step with this movement and use my 20 kg KB next time. For today I dropped back to 16 kg's for the next two sets.

The first set of 1-hand KB swings was with 24 kg (each hand), then two sets with the 32 kg 'bell (each hand), then two more sets with 24 kg's.  I am progressing very nicely to the 32 kg kettlebell.

I did all 5 sets of my Turkish Get Ups from each side with 20 kg's.

Then some stretches and done... Simple!

I would have never in my previous 50+ years of living been excited about getting fit.  Like I tell my Sweetie, "I'm getting stronger every day", and I like it.


No comments:

Post a Comment