Monday, September 26, 2016

Monday Macros - 9/26/16

Monday Macros

Weight = 149. Weight gain/loss this period = 0 lb. Total weight loss = 102 lbs. Macros for the week = Carb/Fat/Prot - 19/58/23%. Daily avg cals = 2160. Body Fat = 10.4%

Carbs were just over 100 gr/day. I had yogurt for lunch and sweet potato for dinner a couple of times, and that adds up the ol' carbs quickly. I'm still well within my range of acceptable carbs so good to go there.

I made up a brandy-free Au Poivre sauce to go over hamburger patties this evening.  After sauteing up some mushrooms, I deglazed the skillet with bone broth instead of brandy.  I reduced the sauce and added cream.  Turned out nicely.  Not Steak Au Poivre, but a tasty mushroom cream sauce with a great consistency.  

When you are on the amount of antirejection medications that lung transplant recipients are prescribed, you should be careful to ensure that animal proteins are cooked through.  As someone who spent years perfecting the perfect medium rare minus ribeye, developing beef recipes that I enjoy cooked through was a challenge.  Interesting sauces can make even hamburger patties tasty.

More Monday Macros

No comments:

Post a Comment