Monday, October 24, 2016

Monday Macros - 10/24/16

Monday Macros

Weight = 153. Weight gain this period = 2 lb. Total weight loss = 98 lbs. Macros for the week = Carb/Fat/Prot - 16/60/24%. Daily avg cals = 2,519. Body Fat = 10.5%

Calories are a little higher than where I would like for them to be.  I feel that between 23 and 2400 cals/day should be my daily avg goal for my exertion level.

Carbs averaged 99 gr/day, which is very nice, and total sugar was only 38 gr/day, which is really good for the amount of cultured milk products I've been eating.

On the exercise front, I've been making really good gains with my kettlebell workout.  

When we replaced the floors in the house, I had to move my kettlebells out to the garage.  I didn't really have a spot where I could do Turkish Get Up's, and I've been missing them.  I finally got off of my rear and cleared out a little spot to put down my exercise mats. Now, I was only able to clear out a little over a 6' square, and I'm a little over 6' tall, so I have to be careful doing the get ups.  Now that I have mats down, I can get back to the full Simple and Sinister workout. I had forgotten just how involved abs are with this movement. I feel very, what I think of as Zen, when I do Get Ups, very happy to be back at it.

My program for the next 4 to 6 weeks or so is a six day rotation. Day 1 - Simple & Sinister (S&S), Day 2 - S&S, Day 3 - continuous 1-hand swings (16 kg), Day 4 - S&S, Day 5 - Heavy KB day.

S&S Day = Prying/Regular Goblet Squats with 24 kg. Kettlebell Halo with 16/20 kg.  1 hand kettlebell swings with 32 kg, and TGU's with 16, advancing back to 24, kg's.

Heavy KB Day = Deadlifts, Hike Passes, and 2-hand KB swings with 40 kg.  Today was a heavy day and I did five sets of 5 swings.  When I first started kettlebell swings, I could only do 5 total swings with 20 lbs.  Was not even imagining swinging 40 kg's.  It feels pretty awesome!

The Kindle version of Pavel's Simple and Sinister is only $3.00. But, if you go with the kindle, I know you'll end up with the print version before long. I still re-read it fairly often.

No comments:

Post a Comment