Monday, April 17, 2017

Monday Macros - 4/17/17

Monday Macros.

Weight = 149. Weight gain this period = 1 lb. Total weight loss = 102 lbs. Macros for the week = Carb/Fat/Prot - 16/60/25%. Daily avg cals = 1.971. Body Fat = 11.9%

We went to a friend's family party this last Saturday. It really was a great time. Lots of little kids playing all over, grill grilling, nice and cool with a little breeze. It was the kind of party where there really wasn't any silverware. You grabbed the meat with corn tortillas and had at it. So it was a heavy, heavy carb day. My best friend's father's birthday and they had Tres-Leches cake. I did have a small piece because... well I was asked several times and don't have the Spanish to decline courteously. The sugar had my head pounding before too long, but it was good cake Carbs ended up averaging out at 80 gr/day even with Saturdays high.

I discovered something that can save a chunk of cash and put some awesome meat on the table. All it takes is getting to know your meat counter crew.

Regular hamburger contains the trim from pretty much all of the beef butchery that goes on during the day. One of the items that gets tossed in the grinder is the tenderloin tips. Now, if you have gotten friendly with the people behind the counter, you can ask them to save those tips for a couple of days and get a couple of pounds at hamburger prices

You can saute the tips up until they are "cooked thru" as required when you have a suppressed immune system without loosing too much in the way of taste and tenderness.

I did wear my SPF 50 and my big floppy sun hat to the party, but still feel like I got too much sun.  It was worth it though, being in all of that energy. Makes life worth living.

More Monday Macros

No comments:

Post a Comment