Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Quarterly Dermatologist Visit - 4/11/17

I've spoken about the importance of skin cancer prevention after a lung transplant, and what I have been doing to protect myself.  I've had to go through a series of three Blue Light Treatments to address issues that keep popping up and I am now on a cycle of seeing my dermatologist once every 3 months.

Today was my quarterly visit, and there were 6 more spots that required freezing. Three on my face and three on my bald spot. One of the spots on my face was right under my eye, that one was a bit painful to treat. Now I'm good to go for another 3 months or 3000 miles, whichever comes first.

I already wear a hat when out in the sun, and use SPF-50 sunscreen to help minimize exposure. I really do enjoy being out and about too much during the day to become a vampire.  Should be OK so long as we get the issues identified and taken care of early.  A quarterly freeze is worth the ability to enjoy my life with new lungs.

No comments:

Post a Comment